New Hire Information
Welcome to Tribune Publishing! The information below will provide you with additional enrollment information.
Empyrean Benefits Solutions:
- You have 31 days from your date of hire to enroll in benefits. Coverage is effective the first day of the month after your hire date. If you start on the first day of the month, your coverage is effective that day.
You can explore the healthcare plans and benefits options available to you in the New Hire Guide.
How to enroll in benefits:
- Enroll over the phone: Benefits Service Center – (844) 548-7662, Monday – Friday 9am – 7pm Central Time
- Enroll online: www.tribpubbenefits.com
- To register, you will need to enter your information exactly as it appears in Workday. You will need to provide your name, date of birth, and social security number.
- You will be able to register by Wednesday morning of your first week. If you are unable to register, please contact the Benefits Service Center, (844) 548-7662.
- After registering, you will be able to access your New Hire Enrollment by clicking on the green flag (See below).
- After enrolling, you can view and print your elections at any time from the home page by clicking “Review Your Benefits”.
Vanguard – 401(k):
- You will be able to register by Wednesday morning of your first week, on www.vanguard.com. If you need assistance with your account, please contact Vanguard at (800) 523-1188.
- If you don’t make an election, you will be automatically enrolled at a 3% contribution rate 30 days after your date of hire.
- For every $1 you contribute of the first 2% of your eligible pay, the company will contribute $1. For every $1 you contribute of the next 4% of your pay, the company will contribute $0.50. So if you contribute 6% of your eligible pay, you will receive a 4% company matching contribution. This matching contribution is made each pay period.
WageWorks – Commuter/Parking:
- You will receive an email from WageWorks when their system is available for you to enroll. You can enroll on www.wageworks.com. If you need any assistance with your account, you will need to contact WageWorks at (877) 924-3967.
- If you choose to participate, you must enroll by the 10th of the month prior to the start of the benefit month (i.e. enroll by May 10th to receive the benefit in June). You may make changes to your commuter benefit at any time.