Workers’ Compensation is required by individual state laws and generally provides medical, disability and rehabilitation for employees with work-related injuries or illnesses. All employees are covered and benefits vary by state.
- Report any work-related injuries and illnesses to your supervisor immediately.
- If medical treatment is required, keep your supervisor informed of your ability to work and/or any work-related restrictions.
- Provide information as requested to the workers’ compensation claims administrator at Gallagher Bassett Services, Inc.
- Report work-related injuries to your business unit’s workers’ compensation contact.
Business Unit’s Workers’ Compensation Contact Responsibilities
- Each business unit will continue to initiate all workers’ comp claims with Gallagher Bassett.
- When an employee is expected to be off work for an extended period of time due to a workers’ comp claim, please send an email to email@example.com so they may place the employee on leave in Workday to turn off pay and begin direct billing for benefit premiums.
- Corporate Benefits will notify Lincoln Financial for FMLA tracking purposes.
- Any waiting periods would continue to be administered by each business unit.
- When an employee is returning from a LOA, please notify Corporate Benefits so they may return the employee to work in Workday.
Lincoln Financial Responsibilities
- Track Family Medical Leave (FMLA).
For questions regarding workers’ compensation, contact the Risk Management Department at 312-222-5686 or 312-222-3725. For questions about FMLA, contact a Lincoln Financial FMLA Specialist at 1-877-353-7188.
Employees do not accrue vacation time during leaves of absence or other periods of inactive services, unless such accrual is required by applicable law.